Creating and passing on a society in which people can enjoy new lifestyles through sports
Supporter Registration and Regulation for Crowdfunding
Participation period for Supporter（Crowdfunding）
10:00 a.m. (JST) July 22 (Mon.) to 5:00 p.m. (JST) September 13 (Fri.) 2019.
How to Support
- Search the crowdfunding participant you want to support and then designate the amount of donation you would like to contribute.
- The Charity Runner will be the top 300 who have raised the most donation by the specified closing date, and meet the criteria outlined below.（in late September 2019）
- Has collected more than 100,000 yen and is one of the crowdfunding participant who have raised the most donation and ranked within 300.
- If the collected amount overlaps with other participant, the participant who have gathered the most supporter will be selected.
*The “supporter” must be registered with the crowdfunding system.
*Donation made by you will also be counted as one (1) supporter.
*The supporter may make multiple donation, but will not be counted as an additional supporter; using different credit card will not be counted as additional supporter.
- If 1) and 2) conditions are the same for the overlapping participants, then the participant who have registered to the crowdfunding system the earliest will be selected.
- We will not re-open the crowdfunding entry, even if 300 crowdfunding participant who meet the criteria outlined above is not gathered.
- The entry result will be notified crowdfunding participants in late September via email.
If we do not receive the entry fee by the deadline, the participation will be voided. In such case, the runner-up participant will not be moved up in the place.
* If you become the Charity Runner, you can continue to use this system following early October to collect greater donation to support the charity.
*We will not accept any inquiries regarding you or other participants ranking and final entry status
*We will not accept nay inquiries regarding other participants collection amount.
*Simply registering to crowdfunding will not allow an participant to be a Charity Runner.
- *The minimum amount per donation that can be donated to the system is 1,000 yen and maximum is 999,000 yen.
- * The donation will be deducted late September.
- *If the crowdfunding participant was not selected as the Charity Runner, the donation will not be deducted from the system.
- *Please proceed from the button below ＜Starting from 10 a.m. (JST) on July 22, 2019＞
Credit card only
- *Five international credit cards, including American Express, can be used.
An important Notice for Supporter（Crowdfunding）
- Program details of charity organizations are subject to change in the event of unforeseen circumstances, e.g., the occurrence of natural disasters or conflicts, the cessation of activities by a particular charity organization. Recipient organization cannot be changed after selecting.
- The donated amount will be deducted once the crowdfunding participant has officially been chosen as the Charity Runner.
- Donated donation that has been officially paid will not be refunded in any circumstances.
If a charity program or the marathon is suspended or cancelled for any reason for which the Organizer cannot be held responsible, no refund of donations will be made. If, the program of the selected charity organization for which the donations are to be used (recipient charity program) is discontinued due to unavoidable circumstances, the collected donation funds will be allocated to another charity program.
No refunds will be paid in any of the following circumstances.
2-1. Did not run due to personal circumstances.
2-2. Did not pay the participation fee by the specified date and time.
2-3. Did not participate on the day of the marathon.
2-4. Lost eligibility due to rule violations, etc.
- Crowdfunding Participants and Charity runners may not act in a manner that will conflict with Tokyo Marathon 2020's official partners, sell their entry or products which including their entry, or use their entry for promotional campaigns. Persons found to engage in said behavior will not only lose their eligibility to run as charity runners, but will be barred from registering to participate in future marathons.
*An example of confliction with our official sponsors includes:
3-1. Use of copyright or properties of Tokyo Marathon Foundation (name, picture, video, logo, etc.)
Example:“We /company name support Tokyo Marathon”
Example:“We /company name support Tokyo Marathon Charity”
Example:“Through Tokyo Marathon we have supported….”
Example:“One of our employee entered Tokyo Marathon as Charity Runner“
3-2. Advertising along the course as well as in and near the event site
Example:Bringing or wearing an item that advertises company name, brand or product.
- If the donated donation is revoked, the entry as the charity runner will be cancelled.
- The Crowdfunding Charity only accept registration and donations from individuals. Receipts cannot be issued for corporations.
- Donation receipts will be issued by the donated organizations in late January 2020. (As a general rule, no receipts will be issued for donations of less than 2,000 yen to any single organization.)
- Receipt of the donation will be issued by the recipient organization in late January 2020. However, donations to "Tokyo Marathon Foundation Sports Legacy Program - 1,2”, "NPO Kids Door" and "Family House(from December 19, 2020 onward)" are not eligible for tax deductions.
- All personal information registered will be used to create payment receipt or send tonics by the charity group, and/or used by Tokyo Marathon Foundation to provide you further more information.
- All donations and charity event accomplishments will be posted on the Tokyo Marathon Charity official website, following next days of the event.
- Charity runner will receive “Charity Runner Commemoration T-shirt”. To spread the awareness of charity, please ensure to wear the T-shirt on the day of the event.
- We will not accept any inquiries reading the placing of the ranking, and information regarding your final entry status.