Creating and passing on a society in which people can enjoy new lifestyles through sports
Charity Runner application period * Applications may close before the deadline if the limit has been reached.
10:00 a.m. July 2 (Tue.) to 5:00 p.m. July 8 (Mon.), 2019 (JST)
*Application for Non-Crowdfunding Charity is now closed
3,700 persons (on a first-come, first-served basis)
Eligibility (all following requirements must be fulfilled)
- Persons who have pledged to donate ¥100,000 or more to an applicable charity program and who wish to run Tokyo Marathon 2020 as a Charity Runner.
- Persons fulfilling all applicable to general marathon participants. Please check them before entry.
Should be "JPY" 100,000 or more
Should be "JPY" 18,200
- * This fee must be paid to complete the procedure for participation in Tokyo Marathon 2020.
- *Please click on the following button to entry *Start at 10:00 a.m. July 2, 2019 (JST)
Credit card only
- * Five international credit cards, including American Express, can be used.
Charity Runner Important Notices (Non-Crowdfunding Charity)
* Check the box below to indicate that you agree with all of the following.
- You can decide how the money you raise is used by choosing your preferred recipient charity program. After your entry has been completed, recipient programs can be changed until 5:00 p.m. September 30, 2019. However, please note that the program details of charity organizations are subject to change in the event of unforeseen circumstances, e.g., the occurrence of natural disasters or conflicts, the cessation of activities by a particular charity organization.
- After donations have been paid, they will not be refunded, under any circumstance.
If a charity program or the marathon is suspended or cancelled for any reason for which the Organizer cannot be held responsible, no refund of donations will be made.
If the program of the selected charity organization for which the donations are to be used (recipient charity program) is discontinued due to unavoidable circumstances, the collected donation funds will be allocated to another charity program.
No refunds will be paid in any of the following circumstances.
2-1. Did not run due to personal circumstances
2-2. Did not participate on the day of the marathon
2-3. Lost eligibility due to rule violations, etc.
- Charity runners may not act in a manner that will conflict with Tokyo Marathon 2020's official partners, sell their running positions or products which include their running positions, or use their running positions for promotional campaigns.
Persons found to engage in said behavior will not only lose their eligibility to run as charity runners, but will be barred from registering to participate in future marathons.
*Examples of confliction with our official sponsors includes:
3-1. Use of copyright or properties of Tokyo Marathon Foundation (name, picture, video, logo, etc.)
Example:“We /company name support Tokyo Marathon”
Example:“We /company name support Tokyo Marathon Charity"
Example:“Through Tokyo Marathon we have supported….”
Example:“One of our employee entered Tokyo Marathon as Charity Runner"
3-2. Advertising along the course as well as in and near the event site
Example:Bringing or wearing an item that advertises company name, brand or product.
- The Non-Crowdfunding Charity only accept donations from individuals. Receipts cannot be issued for legal entities.
- The statement issued by the credit card company will serve as a receipt for payment of the participation fee.
- Donation receipts will be issued by individual recipient organizations in late January 2020.
- Donations by individuals are eligible for tax deduction or a tax exemption. However, donations to “Sports Legacy programs-1,2” and “NPO Kids Door” are not tax-deductible.
- All personal information registered will be used to create payment receipt or send notices by the charity group, and/or used by Tokyo Marathon Foundation to provide you further more information.
- In order to participate in the event, please ensure your health and fitness level is adequate for the event and we suggest consulting with healthcare professional.
- All donations and charity event accomplishments will be posted on the Tokyo Marathon Charity official website, following next days of the event.
- Charity runner will receive “Charity Runner Commemoration T-shirt”. To spread the awareness of charity, please ensure to wear the T-shirt on the day of the event.
"Non-Crowdfunding Charity" Entry