Creating and passing on a society in which people can enjoy new lifestyles through sports
Registering to Crowdfunding and Regulation for Collecting Donation
*Details below for Tokyo Marathon 2020 Charity
Entry and Donation Collection Period
10:00 a.m. July 22 (Mon), 2019 to 5:00 p.m. September 13 (Fri.), 2019 (JST.)
How to Entry
* You cannot make an entry to General Entry while you are entered for Crowdfunding Entry.
- Within the specified period, please choose one out of the 29 organization registered with Tokyo Marathon 2020 and enter by clicking the button below. From there, you will create a charity sheet and please make sure to review and confirm that all the registered information is correct. ※Please be aware that this is not a registration to Charity Runner.
- The donation can be made solely by yourself but we encourage you to have Supporter.
- The Charity Runner will be the top 300 who have raised the most donation by the specified closing date, and meet the criteria outlined below. (in late September)
- Has collected more than 100,000 yen and is one of the crowdfunding participant who have raised the most donation and ranked within 300.
- If the collected amount overlaps with other participant, the participant who have gathered the most supporter will be selected.
*The “supporter” must be registered with the crowdfunding system.
*Donation made by you will also be counted as one (1) supporter.
*The supporter may make multiple donation, but will not be counted as an additional supporter; using different credit card will not be counted as additional supporter.
- If 1) and 2) conditions are the same for the overlapping participants, then the participant who have registered to the crowdfunding system the earliest will be selected.
- We will not re-open the crowdfunding entry, even if 300 crowdfunding participant who meet the criteria outlined above is not gathered.
*The entry result will be notified in late September via email.
If we do not receive the entry fee by the deadline, the participation will be voided. In such case, the runner-up participant will not be moved up in the place.
- If you wish to participate as Charity Runner, please make a runner entry according to the guideline.
*If you become the Charity Runner, you can continue to use this system following early October to collect greater donation to support the charity.
*We will not accept any inquiries regarding you or other participants ranking and final entry status.
*We will not accept any inquiries regarding other participants collection amount.
*You cannot be Charity Runner by just simply registering to crowdfunding.
- The qualification to participate as Charity Runner into Tokyo Marathon 2020 is only granted to those who properly registered to the Crowdfunding Charity though our official website.
- If you are already selected to enter Tokyo Marathon 2020, you cannot enter to Crowdfunding Entry.
- Persons fulfilling all applicable to general marathon participants.
Charity Runner Field
- *The organizer has the right to close the entry at any time.
- *The minimum amount per donation that can be donated to the system is 1,000 yen and maximum is 999,000 yen.
- *You do not have to be the donor.
- * The donation will be deducted late September.
- *If you were not selected as the Charity Runner, the donation will not be deducted from the system.
18,200 yen（oversea／tax included）
- *This fee must be paid to complete the application for Tokyo Marathon 2020.
- *Please enter through the button below. ＜Starting from 10 a.m. (JST) on July 22, 2019＞
Credit card only
- * Five international credit cards, including American Express, can be used.
Crowdfunding Registration Regulation
- The program details of charity organizations are subject to change in the event of unforeseen circumstances, e.g., the occurrence of natural disasters or conflicts, the cessation of activities by a particular charity organization. In any case, you cannot change the recipient organization after choosing one.
- Donated donation that has been officially paid will not be refunded in any circumstances.
If a charity program or the marathon is suspended or cancelled for any reason for which the Organizer cannot be held responsible, no refund of donations will be made. If, the program of the selected charity organization for which the donations are to be used (recipient charity program) is discontinued due to unavoidable circumstances, the collected donation funds will be allocated to another charity program.
No refunds will be paid in any of the following circumstances.
2-1. Did not run due to personal circumstances.
2-2. Did not pay the participation fee by the specified date and time.
2-3. Did not participate on the day of the marathon.
2-4. Lost eligibility due to rule violations, etc.
- Crowdfunding Participants and Charity runners may not act in a manner that will conflict with Tokyo Marathon 2020's official partners, sell their entry or products which including their entry, or use their entry for promotional campaigns.
Persons found to engage in said behavior will not only lose their eligibility to run
as charity runners, but will be barred from registering to participate in future
*An example of confliction with our official sponsors includes:
3-1. Use of copyright or properties of Tokyo Marathon Foundation (name, picture, video, logo, etc.)
Example:“We /company name support Tokyo Marathon”
Example:“We /company name support Tokyo Marathon Charity”
Example:“Through Tokyo Marathon we have supported….”
Example:“One of our employee entered Tokyo Marathon as Charity Runner”
3-2. Advertising along the course as well as in and near the event site
Example:Bringing or wearing an item that advertises company name, brand or product.
- If the donated donation is revoked, the entry will be cancelled.
- The Crowdfunding Charity only accept registration and donations from individuals. Receipts cannot be issued for corporations.
- The statement issued by the credit card company will serve as a receipt for payment of the Entry Fee.
- Donation receipts will be issued by the donated organizations in late January 2020. (As a general rule, no receipts will be issued for donations of less than 2,000 yen to any single organization.)
- Donations by individuals are eligible for tax deduction or a tax exemption. However, donations to "Tokyo Marathon Foundation Sports Legacy Program - 1,2”, "NPO Kids Door" and "Family House(from December 19, 2020 onward)" are not eligible for tax deductions.
- All personal information registered will be used to create payment receipt or send tonics by the charity group, and/or used by Tokyo Marathon Foundation to provide you further more information.
- In order to participate in the event, please ensure your health and fitness level is adequate for the event and we suggest consulting with healthcare professional.
- All donations and charity event accomplishments will be posted on the Tokyo Marathon Charity official website, following next days of the event.
- Charity runner will receive “Charity Runner Commemoration T-shirt”. To spread the awareness of charity, please ensure to wear the T-shirt on the day of the event.
- Not all registered information can be changed on “My Page”, and no changes can be made for registered information on “Charity Sheet” and information registered during the entry for any reasons.
- We will not accept any inquiries reading the placing of the ranking, and information regarding your final entry status.